Wednesday 11 May 2011

Project evaluation - Competition Brief

This brief has been one of the most difficult projects for me as i couldn't find a decent idea and stick with it! It has been a constant struggle for the past couple of months to keep the momentum going however it has been a great experience for finding a good working method for me in future projects and hopefully the 3rd year.

At the beginning of the project i struggled for about 3 weeks to think of ideas and by this time people were in production! However the fact i was sat in front of the mac constantly wasn't helping ... it was almost like i was scared of testing! I also found it hard to express my ideas to the class and to the tutors as i lack a lot of self confidence and i was afraid of being put down. However as the project progressed i began to test loads of different scenarios for a final piece and it started to become easier for me to progress. Even though my ideas were developing the methods i used such as stop motion animation (drawing on the window) weren't working so it kind of felt i was going around in circles. I tried to resolve this by 'cheating' and editing the lines all in post production but that wasn't any good either. So i thought a change of idea would be a better decision. I continued to change ideas again and again and it felt as if i would never find a successful idea. I think i was trying to hard to make an amazing technical piece the ideas behind them were horrendous! So i went back to the start and made something very obvious and clear and i think it work fairly well.

The final piece didn't turn out too great in the end but to be honest after the huge struggle i didn't think it would be a master piece, the clips are overly repeated (which is very obvious) and the music is ok but gets annoying after watching the animation to many times!

This new method of working where i start testing early in the project i think works well for me and it has definitely impacted on the following projects especially the channel ident brief. I think although this project has been a bit of a flop i think it has been the most beneficial since i have finally found the way i work the best. I want to continue this way of working through the 3rd year and hopefully progress nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.