Wednesday 29 June 2011

Shaun the Sheep

So i had a look at a short animation by Aardman Studios obviously famous for their claymation! I know this is an obvious choice but i wanted to see the difference at the top of the scale! I think what differentiates this from Sculpey the Slug is that the background is made up as well rather than using real life situations to represent the setting the character is found in rather than just on your bedside table or desk. I don't know whether these are made up by hand or created in preproduction but it shows more creativity and imagination as you can create anything to show your desired mise-en-scene. Although i prefer this i don't think i am capable of creating the whole entire background as well since my model is not to the best of standard i want my models to look fairly child like to suit the overall 'bringing back memories' approach. So i think for me the best option is to create a model and work it around real settings such as in the garden or on the beach similar to Sculpey the Slug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.