Monday 12 September 2011

Andrey Shushkov

"I was born in 1986. I was interested in everything from my childhood. In the middle of teenage I realized that I want to create tales. Tales that should become real. At least for somebody.
In 2005 I started my film school in Saint-Petersburg University of Culture and Arts. I studied directing, photography, scriptwriting. At the same time I was learning as much as possible from internet, discover new things and new thoughts. I fell in love with animation. I started to work as a freelance photographer. " Andrey Shushkov (http://shushkof.com/bio.html)
"A love story from the world of gears and bolts. Inspired by Lotte Reiniger works and Antony Lucas’s Jasper Morello film." (http://animatedshortfilms.wordpress.com/category/directors/andrey-shushkov/).
I love the technique used within this animation, it almost looks like paper cuttings and also very 'Tim Burton' with the use of long, spindly silhouette characters. As well as the aesthetically being beautiful the narrative is what takes control. I need to nail a narrative before even thinking about how i want my animation to look as the aesthetics will help push the narrative and bring it to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.