Thursday 15 September 2011

Cut out Waves

Rick suggested to me to look at the end credits of Lemony Snickets A Series of Unfortunate Events for inspiration for the aesthetics of my animation.

“…What was the purest example of visual elegance on the big screen in 2004? If you pushed for the final minutes of the Jim Carrey comedy, you’d get no argument from me. A miniature masterwork of mood, the end credits used paper cutouts, spectral graphics, and Thomas Newman’s dancing-skeleton score to conjure up an entire giddy universe of disasters…” The Boston Globe (www.jamiecaliri.com)

Land Ahoy was created in after effects from cut out paper which was scanned into photoshop looking at this i think i want to try cutting my shapes before scanning rather than drawing and filling in on photoshop it will give it a better 'cut out' feel!

- I have tried this technique but because of the patterns and textures i am using i lost the shape of the waves and it all became a blurry mess of colour.


I was recently watching the E4 channel and this sting came on and i thought the movement of the sea and colour pallet is lovely - it is one of the finalists for the Estings competition this year. I am going to use this as reference when looking over the colour scheme in my piece to make sure that i am portraying the correct mise-en-scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.