Tuesday 22 November 2011

Ink and Watercolour Animations











As I have an idea of what I want to include in my advert and the method I want to use to show it I needed to pick an aesthetic style that would go with the feel of the company and what it stands for. I want to rotoscope my final piece but I needed to find a way of adding colour in a way that relates to the product so in a group discussion we came up with the idea of using ink to show a liquid type effect which will connote that the product is a liquid similar to the look of the juice in water for the Robinsons advert. So I thought of using ink on acetate to achieve this effect. Looking at existing pieces of animation that use ink I have noticed that a lot of them appear within Chinese culture so I thought I would investigate further into this and use this as a starting point.


This is the type of effect I mean however this was created in 2003 in Maya in the 'style' of a Chinese ink painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.