Tuesday 6 March 2012

Ralph Steadman

I came across illustrator Ralph Steadman when looking for examples of ink rotoscoping. I love his use of surreal characters and surreal scenes. His illustrations are very sketchy and rough just like the way my work tends to appear but Ralph adds more intricate details. Instead of just drawing the outlines of objects and characters within my piece maybe it would be good to try a more detailed piece in a similar style to Ralph. The surreal element it captured quite well within these pieces as animals have human characteristics and clothing and the scenery in some connote fantasy engaging me into the image as it is unlike anything I have seen within reality. Reflecting on this point it may be a nice idea to place my character within a scene where you think you know what it is but it may have a twist. Such as lollipops to represent trees. (I am obviously not going to use lollipops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.