Friday 5 February 2010

Story Telling...Treatments...

This was the first time I have tried to write a treatment, I thought it went fairly well however when we shared to the group it seemed more like a Character description. It was very hard for me to get into the style of writing I needed to use.
I have had a look at how I need to write a successful detailed treatment that contains everything a director and script writer would need to know about the film or animation.

http://www.writingtreatments.com/HALLOWEEN.pdf

This treatment is fairly long and the one i was attempting to write didn't need this kind of length however I thought it was good to get a proper insight on how a proper treatment is written.

The different between this one and mine is...
Mine didn't include the action...I spent to long on my descriptions
Although the Halloween H20 treatment does contain details and descriptions it explains what’s going on and what happens throughout the film
A treatment also needs to continually flow ... action after action without slowing down at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.