Saturday 6 August 2011

Magic Water

I wanted to look at even more stop motion animation just to see other peoples fluency and detail to see how mine could improve; I found this animation called 'Magic Water' that again incorporates animation and real life a technique that i am really starting to warm to. This animation is very simplistic but it all flows smoothly as i Rick pointed out i have some slight shadowing from not planning out the amount of frames i would need to portray the correct speed. One think about the animation that is different to mine is the fact it doesn't really have a purpose it is not been set to promote/advertise or tell us something or at least i can tell by just watching the animation itself although i did find a little info underneath the video.

"Do not take things for granted. We in Sweden are so used to have clean water a few steps away. We need to be more grateful to all these things we have started taking for granted. Would we survive if our precious water suddenly changed... to this?
I used a Nikon D80. Rendered everything in Sony Vegas and animated it in MonkeyJam. One third of the sound effects was made by me, but the rest was found on www.freesound.org. Every single frame was made by me and me only. The clay is a mix between Premo Sculpey and Cernit. Not ideal for stop motion.
This animation was meant to be a simple morph, but when I start projects like these I can't stop."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.