Tuesday 4 October 2011

Boats with a narrative

Kirsty showed me a music video she came across over the weekend the song is the Arctic Monkeys - Crying Lightning (2009). The CGI effects within this video are fairly poor as you can tell the boat isn't in the environment as it doesn't move realistically with the water but is that the intended aesthetic? Aside from this the reason it has been useful to me is the use of colour/wave movement/weather is used to connote moods and tempo of the music which is similar to what i am trying to produce.


This is another example of where the audience is taken on a personal journey with the use of a boat but this time there is the use of a character. Aesthetically the piece is beautiful and the journey we are taken on shows the character struggling to keep control of the boat on rough tides and in stormy surroundings similar to what I want to show within my animation. Throughout this section of the animation you see the narrative as if you are looking at the character and then through the characters point of view, something I am currently experimenting with to try and make the audience engage with my struggle. As it draws near to the conclusion of the piece the colours brighten, the sea is calm and there is almost a low angle shot to portray the success of the character as she has finally made it to her destination. I feel that this piece will be very useful for me to use as inspiration and also to keep referring to, to make sure I am showing the right message with the right movement and aesthetics.
Twinings Tea Advertisement - 'gets you back to you'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.