Wednesday 19 October 2011

Piecing Together The Scenes

I have been struggling with piecing together the scenes for my animation so i went back onto my blog and looked at Nelson Boles 'Little boat' to see how the narrative is continued through the scenes and one thing i noticed is that the boat stays in the same place but its surroundings move past it for example the sky. So i thought i would give it ago. I have notice that the piece is now flowing together a lot more nicely and it has made it easier for me to animate, it is rather late within the project as I was trying so desperately to perfect the movement of the waves but I am glad I have finally found a solution.
Another reason that I think my animation lacks structure is I have some how got lost within the technical side of things that I have almost forgotten the narrative and the order in which I portray this. But I have been thinking to show a journey and take the audience on my journey with me I have to show time is some way and I was thinking of starting in daylight progressing through the night and back into the morning. The day will portray a fresh start, excitement to start the day which will connote the beginning of my university journey. As the day progresses the sky will become darker, colder and stormy to show struggle and fear. The animation will end with almost a sunrise as the boat catches up to the rest to show relief and new beginnings possibly act as some sort of cliff hanger as to where I will go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.