Saturday 19 November 2011

Liverpool - Fact

On Thursday 17th November Kirsty, Oriana, Rick and I went to Liverpool to check out Kurt Hentschläger's Zee at the art house Fact, after hearing John, Jack and Tom talk about it we thought we would experience it for ourselves. Before I went I had previously heard of Abandon Normal Devises as my boyfriend is an Art Student at MMU who has been set a brief with it in mind but he didn't really tell me what kind of work they did or what it was about so it was really great to go and experience and learn about something totally new to me.

Ok so I was a bit nervous about entering the exhibition as Tom, Jack and John had said it was a bit strange and I had heard you can only breath through your nose and there were a few precautions to take which made me very wary but never the less I went in! Out of the four of us I was the first to enter grabbing the rope straight away being very cautious as to where I was walking, we followed the rope for a good while then decided to stop and let go! However Kirsty and me decided to hold hands so that we didn't loose each other, which could have possibly ruined the experience a little, but under no circumstances did I want to let go of Kirsty. For the first 5 minutes or so I was a little bit petrified as I was thinking too much about the fact I couldn't use my mouth to breath but as I calmed down a little I started to really enjoy it. Some people have described the experience as “insane”, “like entering Heaven” and “another planet,” all three of these I think describes the experience well.

Over all I am so glad I went in as I don't think I will ever experience anything like this again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.