Wednesday 9 November 2011

Portfolio Visit - Huckleberry Films

Today I had my first portfolio visit of the year and I would class it to be my first ever proper portfolio visit. I went up to Accrington to visit Huckleberry films, I was very nervous on the way up but also very excited to gain an incite into the moving image industry and to see what they thought of my work. The small studio is run by a couple, Caroline and David who both participated in the portfolio visit which was great to get feedback from two people rather than just one! The feedback I received about my work was good; they particularly liked the boat piece but did mention that my showreel was slightly repetitive as I was too picky about what work I chose to include. They said they would of liked to have seen a bit of the making of for each project because they find that this is more interesting to watch just as an incite to the effort and time gone into making each piece. I am so glad they were very honest and not harsh about their advise and I will take this on board and make sure throughout future projects I will create a making off just to showcase all the behind the scenes action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.