Friday 4 November 2011

3D Lecture - 13th October 2011

As I am investigating the use of 3D cinema in the present day within my dissertation I thought it would be a good idea to attend the 3D lecture to try and enhance my knowledge of its history and development.

The information that I have thought about since the lecture that really interested me was some of the facts about its history that opened the talk. I was unaware of the fact that directors have dabbled in the field of 3D cinema since the 1920s but just hadn't quite managed to perfect the art resulting in 3D disappearing and reappearing then disappearing again from the film industry. Also I was unaware that in the 1950s the coronation was also filmed in 3D even though the footage was not shown in 3D it was still being explored.

After the lecture I realised that I have been very naive and narrow minded to assume that 3D has been a very recent development within film.

Aside from this overall I found the lecture very fascinating as it was great to find out what we can expect from 3D as we head into the future however I felt that the lecture was hugely tech based and I found myself getting lost. I was hoping that there would be more about the history of 3D, how it may compliment or limit the narrative within film and the audience’s reaction to the use of 3D. I also found that the majority of the lecture was based around 3D television within the home and to be honest it is not something that interests me. I think 3D should be limited to cinema as I think when it is accessible to the majority of the population to use within a home environment it looses it excitement of going out for that exclusive cinema experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.