Friday 25 November 2011

Portfolio Visit 2 - Holden and Sons

John and I teamed up for a portfolio visit to Holden and Sons Advertising agency in the Northern Quarter Manchester. As it was my second portfolio visit I had to make improvements based on my first portfolio visit. Also previous to this I attended the Thoughtful Lecture on 'portfolio etiquette' so I intended to showcase some skills I thought would make me appear more professional. The visit was with Peter Holden the creative director of Holden and Sons and some of the other members of the team wandered over every now and again. I showed my showreel first which he had seen on Vimeo but I had added some of my new rotoscoping so there was something new to be seen rather than just repeating the same work to Peter. I then showed him my 3D frog Nat Geo Wild Ident and finished off with my ink on acetate rotoscope tests. He didn't give me a lot of criticism on my showreel which I was bit disappointed about as it defiantly needs improvements so reflecting on this I may have to make it more exciting to gain a better reaction or even a reaction at all. However Peter was extremely excited about my rotoscoping, I took along my sketchbook and the acetate I had used as well which he seemed to be pleased to see. One criticism I did get about my overall portfolio visit was to appear more confident about my work.

Just before we left the visit Peter asked us to have a go at a brief for a company called Making Space a company who aim to help people dealing with mental health illnesses. He asked us to have a go at creating a 10 second animation to depict the overall purpose of the company using their logo as inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.