Sunday 18 December 2011

Animation Continuity

So after managing to perfect the movement of the waves I needed to decide how I could successfully move the boat from one side of the screen to the other to make it appear continuos throughout the scenes. Since the start of the project I had literally been moving the boat from one side of the screen to the other and as the animation progressed the continuity of the boat on the screen was inconsistent so I needed to think of a way to improve this. It took me a while but I finally came to the simple conclusion of moving the sky across the screen instead of the boat so that on each scene I created the boat will be in the same place with the surroundings moving past.

Here is one of my original tests with the boat moving along the screen:-

This is my developed test moving the sky instead of the boat:-


I can really tell the difference and as I began to add the sequences together the overall flow of the piece started to fit together more successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.