Monday 19 December 2011

Portfolio Visit 3 - Dave Clark

For my final visit I went to see someone that has used his creativity in a variety of ways. When I first met Dave he owned a digital advertising agency called Clark and Clark who were responsible for the touch screen navigators within the Trafford Centre. He now owns his own clothing company named ‘Stoned Monkey’ where he himself designs the clothing. As well as this he is also a talented photographer and creates his own catalogues for his company and was the wedding photographer at my Mum’s wedding. The reason for wanting to visit Dave was to gain an incite into using different skills and interests and pushing them towards career paths. Some great advice he gave me about success was to be polite, confident but not smug and persistent; if there is something you want and you try hard enough eventually you will make it (similar to what was said within the thoughtful lecture).

As my showreel goes he was very impressed but suggested adding some of the processes to add interest and excitement as to how my pieces are created. He was excited about my rotoscoping piece as again I took the acetate that I have used for the final animation so it was something physical to handle and look at. Which lead him to suggest that a physical portfolio might be a nice way to showcase the acetate as he said they looked great as stand alone pieces.

Reflecting on my portfolio visit overall I have defiantly decided to create a physical portfolio to showcase the hand crafted side of my animation. As my work goes I have had some extremely positive feedback regarding my ink rotoscoping so I think this technique should be a serious consideration to my final major project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.