Monday 2 April 2012

Portfolio Visit 3 - McCann Manchester

My third portfolio visit was with Chris Beckles (digital creative director) at McCann Manchester situated in Addlington. Chris had mentioned that he had looked at some of my work on Vimeo (which is practically everything I have) but I showed him my showreel again so I could gain some advice in person. However we didn't really discuss how it could be improved he was more interested in talking to me about my future as I don't have long left on my course. We discussed how I could make my way into the industry by continuing portfolio visits and getting work experience to see where in the industry I fit best for example within advertising ect... We also discussed how to keep my portfolio going when i won't have work by continuing to add to it he mentioned finding bands on Myspace and asking to work with them to create music videos which i thought may be interesting. Following on from the Chris then thought it would be good for me to meet the animators that work for McCann Manchester to see if there would be any opportunity of getting a placement even if it was only for a couple of days to work along side the small animation team. The animation team consists of only 3 animations so a placement here would involve working very close to gain incite into how they use their time management and create a successful piece for a client. This i am really looking forward to! Chris also asked for an invite to the final major show and insisted that i create something exciting to draw my audience in, something relevant to my final piece. (The point being drag my audience in visually to make them want to know more and continue watching my work.) Again this has been another exciting and positive portfolio visit giving my confidence an extra boost towards my final major project. I feel like i have more knowledge and hold some great advise about taking my first steps into the industry and becoming noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.