Monday 2 April 2012

An afternoon at Kilogramme

I was invited by Claire Grey to spend the afternoon with her at Kilogramme to learn the basics of timing within animation. I mentioned in my portfolio visit that i loved 2D traditional animation but i wasn't great at the timing to create a realistic effect so Claire said she would help me. We started by placing the song that i am using for my FMP into Flash and using shapes i was trying to visually show the music much similar to that of Sarah's animation. This i found pretty easy as you can easily move frames to fit the sound waves of the music within the Flash layout much easier than after effects. The song for my FMP is very slow so Claire thought it would be good to do the same exercise but to a more upbeat song, this was a lot easier as it had more beats and melodies to play with than my FMP song. The final exercise Claire had for me was animating a ball bouncing, this was extremely difficult for me as i couldn't get the timings exactly right but the more i tried the better i got. I also got to have a quick look at an animatic they were working on for their easter card and i have realised that to get a better animatic that really nails the timing Flash would be the perfect programme as using after effects i never get the timing i want and it is extremely time consuming. I have learnt a lot from an afternoon with Claire and i feel it will effect the way in which i plan and begin the production of my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.