Sunday 1 April 2012

Portfolio Visit 2 - Kilogramme

My second portfolio visit of the year was at Kilogramme with Jon Turner and Claire Grey. Before i went for my portfolio visit they had been looking at my vimeo page and really liked the style of my rotoscoping especially my flower tests. As my showreel wasn't on my vimeo at the time i started my portfolio visit my showing Jon for some advise again on what to change and how to improve it. Similarly to The Neighbourhood Jon said to take out my 3D work as it wasn't too great and i mentioned that Stuart had said my timing wasn't quite right and Jon agreed and over hearing our conversation Claire Grey invited me in to Kilogramme for an afternoon to help me get better at my animation timing. After this we then discussed the ideas for my final major project, i played Jon the song i had chosen and he liked it but he felt that i didn't need to animate the whole 3 minutes just choose an interesting section where in which i could spend more time creating something visually interesting. I hadn't thought of cutting down the music as i thought it would ruin the animation however i feel the song is very slow paced people may get bored of watching it and move on. Jon then said to me if i can get an animatic that works with the music i shouldn't have a problem in creating the final piece with nice timing changed ect... Overall this portfolio visit has been extremely helpful Jon and Claire have given me so great advise to take on board and i can't wait to spend an afternoon with them learning how to use flash to create my animatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.