Friday 2 December 2011

Mini Blab 3

I really enjoyed the fact that a group of creative people from around Manchester was approached with a topic and asked to create a 15-minute presentation with the topic being 'Things you've seen'. Similar to our 'new way of looking' brief in the first year they went and found things that they would normally see around and about but never really give much thought to it until asked. It was really great to have short, snappy and very humorous presentations as I feel if one speaker is talking for a long time it tends to become fairly tedious and I loose focus.

There was one presentation that I think had the most effect on the speaker and me was Simon Griffin. He talked about ideas that stay hidden away in a 'notebook' and how we shouldn't hide them we should do something about it for our own pleasure (not just for business and money). It really got me thinking about some ideas about animations I would love to try but just don't seem to bother trying to create them even if just very crudely. Reflecting on my boat animation and my improvement in animation skills (even though still basic) I feel more confident in playing around with my own ideas and 'writing my own brief', which is something I never thought I would be confident doing this time last year since I struggled so much with my sonic project. So from this I have started to work on small projects of ideas that I have had so I can also place them in my showreel to show I am still working outside of what I am asked to create within Uni.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.